Unique controller MIDI input port - Controllers can now be assigned unique input & output ports for feedback.
Linking includes MIDI input port - Links now use MIDI input ports to avoid conflict between controllers
New Content Library - The content library has received a complete overhaul based on user input.
Options > Project general settings > Play truncated notes in clips - Restores notes overlapping slice points in Pattern Clips.
Horizontal/Vertical movement locking - Shift (horizontal lock) & Ctrl (vertical lock) when moving items.
Piano roll click & hold functions - Glue notes, Mouse wheel velocity change, Mouse wheel tool select.
Piano roll - Brush tool: Monophonic step mode (hold shift for old behavior). Chop chords: Strum & Articulate tools.
Improved Tap Tempo & Fine control - Updated algorithm + nudge control for Performance Mode.
Instrument Channels - Ctrl+mouse wheel on Channel button to change the mixer track.
Stay open sub-menus - Right click to check several menu items without closing them.
Plugin Picker - Start typing plugin names to highlight entries.
Right-click data enter - Most controls now allow a Right-click option to type in values.
How to link your controller and FL Studio
In this video FL Studio Guru explains how easy it is to link your hardware controller (sliders and knobs) with FL Studio plugins. The best part is: the links are permanent and per plugin (you can use the same slider for more than one plugins)!
FL Studio 9.7 Beta UPDATE 7
FL Studio 9.7 Beta Update 7 is now available!
Complete 9.7 Beta changelog:
- wrapper: fixed bridge crash on exit
- Pitcher: fixed expiration date
- Pitcher: no stereo knob in normal mode (additional controls appear when harmonizing button is pressed)
- Pitcher: cleaned up formant shifter
- Pitcher: fixed stereo channel phase shifting
- Pitcher: ability to control minimum frequency
- Pitcher: many small fixes
- Newtone: adapted editor to bar/beat changes
- fixed Newtone loading/saving of files with special characters
- fixed NewStuff for changes to Pitcher
- fixed wrapper defaulting to inactive outputs for bridged plugins ("no sound" bug)
- Newtone: changed center knob behaviour: it's now relative to the current pitch offset of notes instead of the original offset
- Pitcher: control notes will need to be transposed up 1 octave (select all and use Ctrl + Up arrow). MIDI latching switches will need re-setting and Panning knob re-adjusting. Updated NewStuff included in update 6.
- wrapper: fixed initial input and output offset index for (64bit) bridged plugins
- Newtone: made sample loading a bit safer against crashes
- Newtone: fixed center knob behaviour
- Newtone: fixed fade in/out issue
- Pitcher: fixed demo mode, various other fixes
- fix in using "fixed size buffers" in bridged mode
- Newtone: various bugfixes
- wrapper: fixed bridged mode
FL Studio 9.5 Preview!
This preview demonstrates the awesome memory management that will come with the upcoming version 9.5 of FL Studio.
Version 9.1 will be released the week starting April 12! Check out the Top 10 new features added in FL Studio 9.1:
Harmless 1.0.2 released!
The updated version of Harmless is now available.
mod wheel to frequency link can now be removed
selected preset is remembered when plugin window is closed and re-opened
fixed occasional 3 second pause when changing presets in some hosts
Harmless synthesizer released!
IL released a new subtractive synthesizer called Harmless. The unique thing is that it is powered by an additive synthesis engine. Read all about it here.
Until December 31st you can buy Harmless for the price you think it is worth (with a minimum to cover the transaction fees and handling)!
DirectWave 18.104.22.168 released!
DirectWave 22.214.171.124 has been released today. It can be downloaded from www.image-line.com or from your user account page (for registered users).
added trigger groups (random triggering)
Changes / Fixes:
now searches for samples in subfolder with program name when loading .dwp
increased max size of zone and program name to 128
implemented new save/restore routine, unified across FL/VST and dwp/dwb
changed config file extension from .cfg to .dwcfg to avoid conflict with Logic
bugfix: crash in VST sampling because of buffer overflow
bugfix: read sample position offset fields from sf2 file (start, end, loop start, loop end)
bugfix: zone voice count display
bugfix: visual representation of programs in library if their names were too long
FL Studio 9.0.3 released
FL Studio 9.0.3 is now available!
VST3 plugin support
Dashboard: added "send pitch bend range" option
Wrapper: added pitch bend range selection field
Wrapper: added support for Presonus parameter menu interface
Added 'Sidechain to this track only' option in mixer.
Fixed window focus problem when dropping MIDI files onto a piano
Fixed problem when creating automation clips for channel parameters
Fixed timeline scroll bug
Fixed patterns listed in inverted order in the step sequencer
Downloader: fixed showing downloader for effect plugins
Downloader: fixed update process
Synthmaker: corrected an issue with exported FL plugins where the plugin wasn't fully instantiated until the GUI was opened
Synthmaker: fixed a bug that prevented sysex from being received from an external MIDI device
FL Studio 9.0.1 released
FL Studio 9.0.1 is now (November 17, 2009) ready for download at the official download page.